Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Day 31 Recovery: Bit of the Blues

First off, the shoulder is coming along nicely, and I feel like I get more freedom of movement everyday. My 6 week appointment is Thursday July 28th, and I am pretty sure they will have me out of the sling by then. My assumption is that I still won't be able to be out on a road bike at that point, but one can hope right?

So why a bit of the blues? I have a metric crap-ton to be grateful for...seriously I feel rediculous talking about feeling a bit depressed when there is so much going right.

With that being said, I am keeping this regular series of recovery posts for my own benefit so it would be contrary to my purpose to not talk about it.

I have done 8 trainer session since being allowed back on that since June 28th. Not nearly as many as I was hoping to get in, but I have not allowed myself the time to get the work done. On top of that a good deal of life has been happening that saw us in the ER for an evening and stress levels rising. What the serious hell 2016?! Knock it off!! I have been allowing that stress and life to kill my motivation to get on the trainer, and with that I am gaining weight back that I lost this year and was very happy with. If there is anything that is sure to put me in a funk, it is my ever long struggle with the evil ellbees.
Suck it 2016


Yesterday I helped out with the Tuesday night Titan training crits. Helped might be a strong word, but I am attempting to learn the officiating side which is quite an interesting challenge. It has certainly given me a new perspective on racing, and am excited to try it again.

Officiating


I keep focusing on the challenge of officiating as the practice race itself really made me face the reality of all I was missing with this injury. These crits would have been great training in a low stress environment. On top of that I am missing most of the Psycowpath series, Gravel Worlds, Odins Revenge, all of the cyclocross season, and any other gravel events. Hell the beginning of this year I missed the Frozen 40 and the first Psycowpath race for funerals of folks I hold dear! I could go on and on but frankly I hate thinking about it, and you don't want to read about it.

I'm sure I'll come out of this funk, but for now I wanted to capture this to try and understand it.

In better news, the Farley is at the shop getting a Lauf Carbonara put on it! Really stoked to see how that feels once I am able to ride again. Will be more interesting in December when I should be able to get after it again on single track.

Dropping my Farley off for it's face lift

Next time I promise something not so whiny.



No comments:

Post a Comment