Here are some of the stretching workouts in action:
2017 plans:
I am on and off again nervous about racing Mountain Bike next year. I am mainly concerned that my shoulder will bother me over long MTB races, especially with my fully rigid Farley 9.6 that I love so much. With these stretches really helping my arm, I am more "on" about racing MTB, but maybe I need to look seriously at some front suspension.
The Bluto is based on the Rockshox Reba which is an ok fork for 29ers, but those 32mm stanchions mixed with the huge wheels and tires of a fat bike aren't always the best. The Lauf Carbonara is controversial as it is undamped, but it is super light and just enough travel. No clue if that would be any stiffer than the Bluto. The outside option is the Lefty Olaf which would require adapters and a hub built into my front wheel. If money were no object, this would be high up on my list. Right now the Lauf is looking good as it would also be good in ultra cold weather like the Frozen 40. Plus that Lauf fork looks super hawt to me.
The other possibility if I want to actually be competitive, is to use a 29+ wheel set on the Farley. I have found a few options from $600 to $1,200. I really like the tread pattern on the Bontrager Chupacabra for a true 29+ option, or there is the Bontrager XR2 29x2.35 tire which would work. I really like Bontrager tires nowadays....their tubeless performance is perfect. Even if I did the cheap wheel set and the XR2 tires, I would drop almost 4 lbs of rotational weight from the Farley. Wow!
If I end up not "on" for MTB, then the Flyover road series is high on my list. I have very little road racing experience, so that would be a good challenge and learning opportunity for me!
Gravel racing will always have a warm place in my heart, so I'll grow some of those in there, and seeing as how I just bought a very capable cross bike, cross racing is also high on my list for next year.
However next year turns out, I'll be coming in with high motivation but also low stress. With all the crap that has gone down this year so far, any racing is going to be a gift next year. Time to enjoy it!
Have a safe and happy 4th of July folks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment