Friday, June 24, 2016

Day 12 of recovery: Pay close attention to the dosage on the poo pills!

Fathers Day 

So a side effect of the heavy pain medications is constipation. Late last week I was attempting to use these real gentle poo pills with no luck, so Tuesday night my Wife breaks out the "good stuff" and says "You can take up to 3 of these..." and I heard nothing else as I asked for the full dose.

About 4:30am the next morning my stomach is in knots and I can't sleep a wink. I hurry upstairs to see if glorious release will follow, and hallelujah it does...uh oh, I'm still hurting - woah here comes more....ahhh, thats bett...oh crap...no no no no!!

I'd like to introduce you to a new acronym: HPBP --> High Pressure Butt Pee. You know those Super Soaker water rifles that you pump up? Remember how the first shot resembled the raw power of the railgun from Quake? That is the force of the HPBP I experienced all the way until about 1:30pm!

ugh

On Sunday Logan, Laura, and I went to the Farmers Market at Aksarben for Fathers Day. Logan absolutely loves the water feature there, and Laura and I like buying fresh veggies and other cool stuff for sale. I hopped on one of the rental bikes that was parked and spun the cranks backwards a few times...man that felt good! My tradition is to do a fathers day ride with my buddy Tony, but this year this is all I could get in,



The entirety of my fathers day ride




This was my first week back at work, and that was pretty successful I would say. Their were a couple of days I came home needing the good pain meds, but as of today (Friday) I do not. When things get sore I add ice or Advil. Good to be back in the productive work force! Although I do miss my mornings with Laura from last week.

Where the half-ass sleeping happens
Sleeping in a recliner sucks by the way, but it is the only way for my shoulder to stay stationary enough so it doesn't hurt through the night. I usually end up getting up every couple of hours to adjust the arm, or get more ice.

Getting ready!

Got the bike all positioned on the trainer awaiting the "all clear" to get some stationary miles in! One of my teammates is letting me rent a computrainer for a bit, so Zwift should be awesome for the next few weeks! I am really looking forward to that!! I would have cheated a bit and hopped on the trainer tonight, but it turns out I accidentally threw away my ANT+ dongle somehow, so Zwift wouldn't work. I tried using my Garmin 510 instead, but it wouldn't pick up my SRM. Kinda wonder if I damaged the Garmin in my wreck....was a good enough wreck to bend a K-Edge mount, so it is possible I suppose.

Next post should be after my Tuesday Dr visit. Wish me well there!!



No comments:

Post a Comment