Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Day 16 of Recovery: Two Week post-surgery follow up & house hunting

Logan, Laura, and I headed to the Lakeside hospital (actually GIKK Orthopedic) for my two week post-surgery follow up at 8:30 this morning. After Laura and I had a disagreement on which side to pull into (of course she was right....don't tell her that), we were checked in and quickly brought back for my evaluation,




I almost always get white coat pre-hypertension for my blood pressure, but not this year so far. Funny....2016 has been very challenging and stressful yet my blood pressure has never been better. Read 116 over 77. Cool!

The doctor came in, moved my arm around a bit, talked about the rest of the road to recovery, failed to write me a prescription for a full suspension MTB, then was on his way. The nurse came in and removed the stitches, showed me the basic PT movement I can do, set our six week appointment, then  was on her way. Everyone was super nice and professional. Digging that place so far.

Prognosis is the same - another six weeks in the sling, then another six weeks past that before I can hop on the road bike outdoors. I can ride the trainer now (good as I already did :)), and am super happy with how my pain is coming. Mostly just ice and every now and then Advil if I overdo it like today.

So I took the whole day off so we could hang out as a family and look at houses. We have been talking about moving for almost 4 years now, but the time seems right to make it happen now. Interest rates are low, sellers market for our house, and we have more resources to throw at it then ever before. The only thing that sucks is I wouldn't be able to help move if we found a place right away.

We were looking at open houses this weekend when we found a cool real estate agent that is related to a guy on my cycling team. No better way to be sure someone understands my needs right? :) well we got all of her contact info and sent her some basic wants in a house Sunday, and today had some time to look at some of the places she found. None were exactly what we were looking for, but we are on the right track.

We also went and visited a builder that is building in an area we absolutely love. We spent some time in the models Sunday, and then today brought our kiddo Logan with us to have another look? We are kinda in love with one of the floor plans....just felt like home right when we stepped in the door. That is a really hard thing to pinpoint for us as a couple, so that is a good sign for sure.



We came back home and I got to work on an easy trainer session. The Computrainer I am borrowing requires a 10 minute warmup before calibration, so I did that and then absolutely struggled through 30 minutes....P A T H E T I C. Hey it's a start, and I am glad for the opportunity to start! Plus the Computrainer resistance adjusting with Zwift is pretty darn cool. I'm thinking I'll start a 10 week trainer program or something similar to keep me focused and ready to rock come late September.



Next time I'll talk about some of my plans for 2017. I'm not allowed to race at all until December, so 2016 is done and dusted. Just means I can get my motivation super high for next year. Maybe more road racing in my future...unless that Doctor comes through with that full suspension prescription ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment