Monday, June 13, 2016

Surgery - Day 1 of Recovery: They give everyone squirrels

IVs can suck it!


The worst part about surgery was the IV! Wow that was painful when the jammed that needle up the back of my hand. I broke out in a cold sweat and felt like passing out could happen. About 10 minutes later the sensation passed and I was back to being a bucket of nerves.

I honestly don't even remember being given the anesthesia drugs...one minute I am awake and nervously awaiting a shot in my neck (numbs your entire arm to make it completely dead to pain), and the next minute I am waking up and noticing that every patient in the room has an animal cage. Not sure why, but to my drug addled brain it looked like a squirrel cage. One of the patients was being wheeled back to their own room, and I told them to have fun with their squirrel and they happily said they would.

Today officially starts the first day of recovery - bring on the drugs!!


Squirrel Cage
Midwest Surgical Hospital where my procedure was done

No comments:

Post a Comment